Today was already Motivational. I listened to a call from one of my business leaders, and she had some great insight from The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership. I have not read the book, but have it here to start tonight. I was glad to hear that I do some of the things she mentioned already and will go over a few points here.
- I place the blame on myself if things go wrong. That has been my way of thinking since I led a team at my school and was head of our Effective Schoolwide Discipline program. If things started to unravel, I knew it was up to me to get them “sewn” back together.
- I think proactively, and try to encourage others to do so. I do not wait for others to contact me. I hope you all understand that I don’t think it’s wrong to lead this way. I don’t want to leave you out there hanging. I want to encourage you as much as I can in the beginning, then when you get to know me, and understand my style, you feel less timid about asking me a question.
- I like to chunk goals. If you have little goals, they are easier to reach. But that being said, I do like to see the whole picture. However, I was recently on a call where they tried to explain the end result, and I was like, whoa. That looks huge. Back to baby steps.
- The relationship with the person is very important to me. I would like to know your why. What motivates you to reach the next goal. What keeps you a float when you think you could sink? I have the life vests ready. Just let me know!!
- New habits are also very important. I learn something new every single day. No matter how long I have been doing a “thing” or a “job”, I learn something new all the time. I am like a sponge. I want to soak up the knowledge of those around me making things happen. The people I admire who attain the next level. The beauty of it is…they are still learning too!!
People may hear your words, but they FEEL your attitude. Believe you are a leader and you will be!